Cornwall Development Company (CDC) (part of the Corserv Limited group of companies) is owned by Cornwall Council for which it provides arm’s length economic development delivery services, is seeking to procure Social Media and Marketing Consultancy Services for the Business Investment for Growth Productivity (BIG Productivity) programme.
The principal objectives of BIG Productivity are to support 175 businesses based in Cornwall and create 175 jobs. The programme aims to invest in businesses with national and international growth opportunities by providing gap funding ranging from £2,500 to a maximum of £150,000. For businesses that are eligible and are approved, a maximum contribution of 45% of the business applicants’ proposal costs can be provided. The programme will also provide an advisory service to 30 eligible businesses to increase their productivity and reach new markets.
CDC wishes to appoint a consultant for 1 day a week starting 15th November 2019 (start date will be subject to CDC receiving a grant funding agreement from MHCLG) for a 2 year period. CDC is, therefore, seeking candidates who have specialised and proven expertise in the following:
• Programme marketing planning and implementation. – BIG Productivity is seeking an experienced contractor to develop a marketing strategy for the programme based on best practice. The applicant is expected to work closely with the BIG Productivity team members to build relationships with fund beneficiaries and identify opportunities for content, success stories, knowledge pieces and testimonials;
• Management of social media channels and running social media advertising campaigns to promote grant schemes across Cornwall;
• Production of copy for website, blogs, press releases, success stories, stakeholder materials and workshops;
• Joint management and promotion with the BIG Productivity team of events such as workshops, business shows and speaking slots;
• Report on social media results and insights via programme analysis tracking, benchmarking and appropriate metrics;
• Suggest and implement with BIG Productivity’s web designers how to optimise the web presence and experience for potential applicants;
• Management of marketing email campaigns using cloud email marketing services including data management to ensure that any subscriber lists created are GDPR compliant;
• Creation of presentations for events in conjunction with BIG Productivity team;
• Briefing to any third parties for productivity blogs, design and print, events, video and PR.
• The consultant should also be able to help in delivering other marketing and social media tasks required by the BIG Productivity team not detailed above but achievable in the timescales allocated.