10 years ago when my Business in Berkshire website was flying high under a bunch of search strings and generating millions of page views every year the formula was simple…
- Create a relevant headline for the story – the more succinctly the headline encompassed the key phrase you were chasing the better.
- Get the key phrase to kick off your first paragraph.
- Repeat the key phrase 3 or 4 times in the blog article.
- Make sure the reader enjoys the flow of the content so they stick around and add valuable seconds to their time on the page.
- Encourage them to click on other blogs after reading the first so not to be lost forever to the Google universe.
I guess we can now add, as bandwidth increases, ensure you have a video that tells the story so those that like to listen / watch can do so… but what else is there?
Not sure anything really changes and any SEO company telling you to do much more is probably looking for money for old rope and laughing all the way to the bank.
Encourage your employees to write stories about the company, the people, how it has helped the local community, that big deal that the junior landed by chance, those great customers who have stuck around for years, that special employee, that great boss, and anything else that shares the positive energy of your organisation… then get someone from marketing to spell check but essentially, you have all you need in the business to create the best SEO and you’re probably not making the most of them.
Come up with a competition and get the party started…